Friday, Feb. 24 – BARRACUDA 4 at Tucson 3
The San Jose Barracuda used two unanswered third-period goals to extend their winning streak to 13-straight games as they topped the Tucson Roadrunners, 4-3, at the Tucson Arena on Friday night. Troy Grosenick made 21 saves to earn his 11th W in a row, and Buddy Robinson (11), Nikita Jevpalovs (11), Rourke Chartier (11) and Marcus Sorensen (15) all scored in the victory. San Jose went 0-for-5 on the power play, but Chartier netted the club's ninth shorthanded goal of the season.
Saturday Feb. 25 – BARRACUDA 4 at Tucson 3 F/OT
The San Jose Barracuda needed another third-period comeback and then overtime to extend their winning streak to 14 in a row on Saturday night against the Roadrunners at Tucson Arena, 4-3. Troy Grosenick earned his 12th-straight victory by making 19 saves on 22 shots, and Marcus Sorensen (16, 17), Nikolay Goldobin (15) and Timo Meier (11) all scored for San Jose. Meier’s overtime winner came just one minute and 46 seconds into the extra session.
Wednesday, March 1 – BARRACUDA vs. Texas (Solar4America Ice)
Listen: AM 1220 KDOW at 7:00 p.m. PST
NHL Affiliation: Dallas Stars
On Wednesday, the San Jose Barracuda and Texas Stars wrap up their four-game season series. San Jose enters the matchup riding a 14-game winning streak, six-game home winning streak and the best winning percentage in the AHL (.729) and the best home winning percentage in the AHL (.783), while Texas has lost five in a row and conclude their six-game road trip on Wednesday. San Jose is 2-1-0 during the season against Texas and has one the last two matchups.
Saturday, Feb. 4 – BARRACUDA at Stockton (Stockton Arena)
Listen: AM 1220 KDOW at 7:30 p.m. PST
NHL Affiliation: Calgary Flames
The Barracuda jump back onto the road this Saturday night to take on the Stockton Heat at Stockton Arena. After dropping the first two games of the 12-game season series, the Barracuda have won five straight over their Northern California rival. San Jose is riding a 10-game road winning streak entering Saturday’s tilt and holds the second-best road winning percentage in the league (.680).
Saturday, Feb. 5 – BARRACUDA vs. San Diego (SAP Center)
Listen: AM 1220 KDOW at 5:00 p.m. PST
NHL Affiliation: Anaheim Ducks
The two hottest teams in the AHL clash on Sunday night at the SAP Center when the San Diego Gulls make their fourth visit to San Jose. The Barracuda are a perfect 3-and-0 at home versus San Diego but have yet to take down the Gulls in Southern California.
- The Barracuda sit at first-place in the League for the first time in team history (.729%)
- San Jose was a perfect 11-0 in the Month of February
- San Jose’s 14-game winning streak is the longest in the AHL this season; the second longest streak is eight games (four teams).
- The Barracuda have won six-straight at home and hold the best home winning-percentage in the AHL (.783) and have allowed the least amount of goals (44) at home in the AHL this season.
- The Barracuda have won 10-straight on the road and have the second-best road winning percentage in the AHL (.680).
- San Jose is T-second in the AHL in goal differential (+52)
- Troy Grosenick is first in the AHL in shutouts (7), third in save percentage (.930), third in goals-against average (2.04), T-third in wins (21) and is riding a career-long 12 game winning streak.
- The Barracuda are third in the AHL on the power play (24.3%) and fourth in the AHL on the penalty kill (84.9%).
- San Jose has given up the least amount of goals (118) this season in the AHL.
- San Jose has the most shutouts in the AHL this season (9).
- Danny O’Regan is first among AHL rookies in points (16+29=45), first in assists, T-9th in goals, T-third in power-play goals (6), and is T-seventh in points overall in the AHL.
- Among defensemen, Tim Heed is third in the AHL in points (11+31=42), second in assists, T-third in power-play goals (7), T-first in game-winning goals (4) and is tied for 12th overall in the league in points. Heed has points in 13 of his last 15 and 20 of his last 23 games.
- Joakim Ryan is eighth among AHL defensemen in points (7+26=33), sixth assists, and is third in the AHL in plus/minus (+25).
- Marcus Sorensen’s 10-game point streak is the longest in Barracuda team history
- Marcus Sorensen is riding a 10-game point streak (5+9=14)
- Troy Grosenick is riding a 12-game winning streak
- Ryan Carpenter is riding a three-game assist streak
- Nikolay Goldobin is riding a five-game point streak (4+4=8)
- Marcus Sorensen recalled to the San Jose Sharks (2/27/17)