There are currently no games scheduled. Please check back at a later time.
Quick Facts: Adam Helewka
With the 106th pick of the NHL draft, the Sharks selected left wing Adam Helewka of the Spokane Chiefs of the Western Hockey League.
Helewka is described to have incredible hockey sense and plays a mistake-free game. He has a high level of skill and a commitment to constantly improve himself and his game.
1. Though he was eligible for the 2013 and 2014 NHL Drafts, Adam Helewka went undrafted and remained eligible for the 2015 draft. He stepped up his game for the 2014-15 season, scoring 37 more points than last season and 60 more points than his first draft eligible year.
2. Being overlooked is not a foreign concept to Helewka – he went undrafted into the WHL, joining the Spokane Chiefs as a tryout. He more than proved himself, eventually being named as the 2012-13 Chiefs Rookie of the Year.
3. In total, Helewka scored 44 goals and 43 assists for 87 points in only 69 games with Spokane in the 2014-15 regular season. He also score three goals and two assists in six games in the WHL playoffs, while racking up 12 PIMs.
4. Helewka served as an alternate captain for the Spokane Chiefs this past season. This was his third season with the team.
5. He hails from Burnaby, British Columbia, which is not only the hometown of Michael J. Fox and Michael Buble, but also a number of star NHL players. A partial list includes Karl Alzner, Darren McCarty, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Mike Santorelli, and, most notably, Joe Sakic.
Follow Adam Helewka on Twitter at @ahelewka13.