There are currently no games scheduled. Please check back at a later time.
Quick Facts: Adam Parsells
With the 160th overall pick, the Sharks selected defenseman Adam Parsells.
This season, Parsells was huge for Wausau West High, a high school in Wausau, Wisconsin. That’s both literally and figuratively – the 6’6” defenseman served as a steadying presence on the blue line between his size and his leadership. Primarily a shut-down defenseman, he prides himself on having a good first pass to start his team’s offensive breakout.
1. Though known as a stay-at-home defenseman, Parsells is not without an offensive touch. He scored 7 goals and 15 assists in 23 games for Wausau West this past season while serving as one of their captains.
2. Parsells was named a first team Wisconsin Valley Conference and an all-state selection for the second straight season. He was also a finalist for the Mr. Hockey Award, given to the most outstanding senior high school hockey player in Wisconsin.
3. Loyal to his Wisconsin roots, Parsells has committed to playing for the Green Bay Gamblers of the USHL in the 2015-16 season, and the University of Wisconsin in 2016-17. Wisconsin is the alma mater of current Shark Joe Pavelski, who won an NCAA Championship there in 2006.
4. He lists his favorite hockey player as Zdeno Chara, a similarly large defenseman known for his excellent defensive prowess as well as the ability to occasionally contribute offensively.
5. Not only is Parsells a stand-out defenseman, he is also a pitcher for his high school baseball team.
Follow him on Twitter at @AdamParsells_33.