There are currently no games scheduled. Please check back at a later time.
San Jose, CA – The San Jose Barracuda (18-28-2-1) twice led by two goals in the third period on Friday at the SAP Center but the Stockton Heat (33-9-4-1) found a way to tie the game and win it in a shootout, 6-5. With the point earned, the Barracuda are now 3-0-1-1 over its last five games, the longest point streak of the year.
• John Leonard (17) scored and added a pair of assists, extending his point streak to five games (6+5=11).
• Joachim Blichfeld (18) scored on the power-play and now leads the Barracuda in points (33) and co-leads the club in goals. The tally was his ninth on the man advantage which ranks second on the team and fifth in the AHL.
• Artemi Kniazev (4, 5) scored twice and added an assist for his first three-point game and multi-goal game of his career.
• Sasha Chmelevksi finished with three assists, marking the first three-helper night of his career. The third-year pro now has points in four-straight games (2+4=6).
• The Barracuda went 3-for-3 on the penalty kill and did not give up a single shot.
• The Barracuda scored on all three shots it put on net in the second period and two of its first three shots in the third.
• After the six-round shootout loss, the Barracuda are now 2-1 in shootouts this season.
The Barracuda return to the SAP Center on Tues. March 22 to take on the Stockton Heat. For tickets, visit SJBarracuda.com/tickets.