There are currently no games scheduled. Please check back at a later time.
Tucson, AZ – The San Jose Barracuda (19-30-2-2) jumped out to a two-goal lead in the first period on Saturday at the Tucson Arena and never looked back, downing the Tucson Roadrunners (18-28-4-1), 5-2, in the six-game season finale.
• Joachim Blichfeld (20) notched his 10th power-play goal and now leads the team in goals and co-leads the club in power-play goals and points (36).
• Lane Pederson (6) scored in his fourth consecutive game and now has goals in six of his last seven. Pederson has lit the lamp in all four games this year against his former team.
• Sasha Chmelevski (12) opened the scoring in the first and then added an assist. He now has 12 points (3+9=11) over his last eight games and co-leads the team in scoring (36).
• Alexei Melnichuk (10-14-2) made 32 saves to pick up the win.
• Nick Merkley (11) scored on Saturday and now has 13 points (5+8=13) in his last 12 games. Merkley co-leads the team in points (36) and is first in assists (24).
• After the win, the Barracuda finished the season series with Tucson with a 4-1-0-1 record and have collected points in eight of their first nine games to start March (5-1-1-2).
The Barracuda are back home on Tues., March 22 to face the Stockton Heat. For tickets, visit SJBarracuda.com/tickets.