Las Vegas, NV – Needing to win in order to push their best-of-three Division Semifinal series to a decisive game three, the San Jose Barracuda (0-2) couldn’t find a way to upend the Henderson Silver Knights (2-0) on Sunday afternoon at the Orleans Arena, falling 4-2. Henderson will now face the winner of the Bakersfield and San Diego series to decide the winner of the John D. Chick Trophy as winners of the Pacific Division.
• Josef Korenar (2-2) made 23 saves, suffering the loss
• Logan Thompson (2-0) turned aside 27 of the 29 shots he faced to collect the win
• Jake McGrew (2) scored 40 seconds into the game, marking the fastest goal in Barracuda playoff history
• Maxim Letunov (2) scored on the power-play, at the time, cutting the lead down to 3-2 in the second period
• Former Sharks prospect Danny O’Regan (1, 2) scored a shorthanded and power-play goal and chipped in with an assist
• Gage Quinney (1) scored a shorthanded goal in the first after pacing the Silver Knights in the regular season with three shorthanded goals
• The Barracuda gave up two shorthanded goals on Sunday after giving up just two shorthanded goals in the regular season