Irvine, CA – The San Jose Barracuda (1-0) allowed the first goal of the game on Tuesday afternoon against the Tucson Roadrunners (0-1) (Arizona Coyotes) at the FivePoint Arena, but would go on to score the next two goals en-route to a 2-1 win in the single-elimination play-in. With the victory, the Barracuda will now face the play-in winner of the Colorado Eagles and Ontario Reign game which will take place on Tuesday night. San Jose's next game is set for Wednesday night at 7 p.m. to decide who goes on to play the Henderson Silver Knights in a best-of-three series starting on Friday.
• Wednesday’s game is scheduled for 7 p.m. in Irvine and can be listened to via the Sharks Audio Network, Sharks+SAP Center App, SJBarracuda.com and you can watch the game on AHLTV.com.
• Josef Korenar (1-0) picked up his second career playoff win as he turned aside 19 of Tucson’s 20 shots in his first AHL game action since March 7
• Ivan Prosvetov allowed two goals on 20 shots in his AHL playoff debut, suffering the loss
• SoCal native Evan Weinger (1) netted his third career AHL playoff goal and now has five points in five career playoff games (3+2=5)
• Jake McGrew, who grew up 15 minutes from the FivePoint Arena in Orange, CA, netted the game-winning goal in his professional playoff debut
• Brandon Coe and Scott Reedy each collected assist in their AHL playoff debuts
• Jan Jenik scored Tucson’s only goal and managed to draw two penalties in the loss