BARRACUDA UPENDED BY KNIGHTS, 7-3Apr 10, 2022
San Jose, CA – The San Jose Barracuda (20-38-3-2) gave up four goals in the first period on Sunday afternoon at the SAP Center, eventually falling 7-3 to the Henderson Silver Knights (29-28-3-1), the team’s 10th consecutive loss.
• Joachim Blichfeld (24) notched a goal and an assist, and is now just one goal shy of matching Barclay Goodrow’s single-season franchise record which was posted in 2016-17. He also had a game-high seven shots on net and has now recorded the most shots (189) in a single-season in ‘Cuda history.
• Lane Pederson collected a pair of assists, and now has 14 points (6+8=14) in 17 games with the Barracuda
• Santeri Hatakka (3) scored in the second period, his second goal in as many games after not scoring in 17.
• Pavel Dorofeyev (24, 25) collected two goals and an assist and now has nine points (4+5=9) in five games against San Jose this year.
• Anthony Bitteto (5) scored his first as a member of the Barracuda, snapping a 34-game goalless drought in the process.
• The Barracuda went 0-for-6 on the power-play and allowed one goal on the penalty kill, marking the ninth consecutive game in which the team has given up a PPG.