BARRACUDA SCORE FIRST BUT FALL 7-1 AT STOCKTONApr 2, 2022
Stockton, CA – The San Jose Barracuda (20-35-2-2) scored at the 1:08 mark of the first period, but never managed to find their footing after that point and would give up the next seven goals in the game, falling 7-1 to the Stockton Heat (40-12-4-1) on Saturday night at the Stockton Arena. The loss was the team’s sixth straight and sixth consecutive against the Heat.
• Mason Jobst (5) netted his first goal in a Barracuda sweater just a minute and eight seconds in.
• Zach Sawchenko (4-10-0-0) allowed two goals on 14 shots in the first but could not finish the game as he suffered a lower-body injury.
• Alex Stalock worked the remaining 40 minutes, allowing five goals on 27 shots.
• Eetu Tuulola (12, 13) notched a pair of goals for the Heat, including his second shorthanded goal of the year.
• Matt Phillips (26, 27) scored twice and now has 10 points (6+4=10) in nine games against San Jose this year.
• Dustin Wolf (30-6-3) improved to 7-0 against the 'Cuda as he made 24 stops on 25 shots.