There are currently no games scheduled. Please check back at a later time.
San Jose, CA -- The San Jose Barracuda (17-28-2-0) scored four unanswered goals in the third period against the Tucson Roadrunners (17-26-3-1) en-route to a 6-2 win on Sunday Night. With the victory, the Barracuda are now four points out of a playoff spot.
· John Leonard (14, 15, 16) scored the Barracuda’s second hat-trick of the season and the first of his career. He also added an assist for his first four-point game of his career. In his last three games, Leonard has seven points (5+2=7). The hat-trick was the tenth in franchise history and the first since Sasha Chmelevski’s on Jan. 8.
· Lane Pederson scored his first goal in a Barracuda sweater and added an assist. In four games played, Pederson has five points (1+4=5).
· Nick Merkley scored his 10th goal of the season and added an assist and now has four goals in his last five contests.
· Joachim Blichfeld (17) cashed in his eighth power-play goal of the season and now sits on top of the team in points (17+15=32).
· Zachary Edmond (3-2-0) made 33 saves for his second straight win.
· The Barracuda scored twice on the power-play and now have multiple power-play goals in three straight home games. San Jose holds the second-best home power-play in the league (26.7%).
The Barracuda return to the SAP Center on Fri., Mar. 11 against the Stockton Heat (7 p.m.) For tickets, go to sjbarracuda.com/tickets.