SAN JOSE, CA (Oct. 4, 2021) – The San Jose Barracuda (@SJBarracuda), proud American Hockey League (@TheAHL) affiliate of the San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks), are slated to open their 2021 Training Camp on Mon., Oct. 4 at Sharks Ice.
The full roster will hit the ice for their first team training session beginning at 10:00 a.m., which will also serve as the first day for media availability for members of the Bay Area media.
Those media members seeking specific players and coaches should check in with Nick Nollenberger. For the full training camp roster, click here.
All player and coach availabilities will be conducted in person outside the locker room following practice.
When entering Sharks Ice at San Jose (1500 S 10th St, San Jose, CA 95112), media must enter through the main lobby of the facility, which faces 10th St. All media in attendance must provide proof of vaccination via the CLEAR app prior to entry and wear a proper mask at all times while inside the facility.
Due to the ongoing construction, parking is extremely limited. Media may use the SJSU parking structure located across the street.
No bandanas or gaiters will be permitted. Face coverings shall completely cover the mouth and nose, fit snugly against the sides of the face, and shall be secured under the chin. Acceptable face coverings include medical grade masks or 3-layer cloth coverings (or at least two cloth layers with a filter). The media relations staff reserves the right to remove any person who does not follow these rules.
PROOF OF VACCINATION:
Due to local, state and NHL regulations, any personnel entering the team facilities to cover practices or games will be required to show proof of vaccination. The Sharks have partnered with CLEAR to provide a digital application that will validate vaccine status for all media who enter SAP Center and Sharks Ice facilities. To register, simply download the CLEAR app and follow the steps below:
· Select ‘Have a code’ and enter:
· SSEGUEST for vendors, contractors, media, invited guests for business meetings, etc.
· Easily enroll or verify your identity with a quick selfie
· You’ll be prompted to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, follow the prompt to complete.
· Link proof of vaccination - CDC card upload
· When prompted to add your vaccination, select ‘add your vaccination card’ to upload a photo of your CDC Vaccine Card
· Take a photo of your vaccination card and confirm your vaccine information.
· Please note, the photo of your CDC card is used to generate a green or red Health Pass. You will not be able to access it again after it is taken.
· Complete your Health Pass, a green Health Pass is good to go!
· Before you arrive at the office or ice facility, reopen the Health Pass tile to produce your Health Pass. Be ready to show security to enter the SAP Center or our ice facilities.
Due to COVID-19 safety protocols, practice and training camp sessions at Sharks Ice will be closed to the general public until further notice. Any media wishing to attend should contact the Sharks media relations staff.