There are currently no games scheduled. Please check back at a later time.
Tucson, AZ – The San Jose Barracuda (19-29-2-1) got 40 saves from goaltender Alex Stalock in his Barracuda season debut and blanked the Tucson Roadrunners (17-28-4-1), 4-0, on Wednesday night at the Tucson Arena. With the win, the Barracuda have now beat the Roadrunners in three consecutive games, shutting them out twice, and outscoring Tucson 13-2.
• In his first game with the Barracuda since Jan. 6, 2016, Alex Stalock (4-1) turned aside all 40 shots he faced to earn his 12th career AHL shutout.
• Jake McGrew (10, 11) scored twice for the second time in his career and now has three goals over his last two games. McGrew also fought.
• Montana Onyebuchi dropped the mitts for the ninth time and second time in as many games. Onyebuchi leads all rookies in fighting majors (9) and penalty minutes (99). He also added an assist and now has assists in his last two outings.
• Evan Weinger (10) scored 57 seconds into the game and is now one goal shy of his career-best for a season.
• Lane Pederson (4) potted his second goal in as many games, second in as many games against his old club the Roadrunners, and his fourth in eight games with the Barracuda.
• Sasha Chmelevski picked up assists on both McGrew goals and now has eight points over his last six contests (2+6=8).
• The two teams combined for a season-high 114 penalty minutes as five different fights broke out.
• With the win, the Barracuda stayed within five points of the San Diego Gulls for the Pacific Division’s last playoff spot. San Diego beat Henderson 6-1 on Wednesday.
The Barracuda return the ice on Friday at 7 p.m. for the second game of three over the next four days against the Roadrunners. The Barracuda are back home on Tues., March 22 to face the Stockton Heat. For tickets, visit SJBarracuda.com/tickets.