Loveland, CO – The San Jose Barracuda (10-13-1-0) saw their two-game winning streak come to an end on Wednesday night at the Budweiser Events Center, falling 5-0 to the Colorado Eagles (11-11-2-2). With the victory, Colorado snapped its four-game skid.
• Justus Annunen, who came into Wednesday's game with a 1-4 record versus the Barracuda, made 22 stops to earn his first shutout of his AHL career.
• The shutout loss was the Barracuda’s first shutout defeat since its 1-0 loss at Bakersfield on opening night (Oct. 17)
• The shutout win for the Eagles was their second of the year and second in the month of December.
• Dylan Sikura (9) opened up the scoring on the power-play just 41 seconds into the second period and also notched an assist and now has nine points (3+6=9) in six games against the Barracuda this season.
• Martin Kaut scored on the power-play and now has goals in all three games played this year against San Jose.
The Barracuda return to action on Mon. Dec. 27 at 7:00 p.m. against the Bakersfield Condors at the SAP Center.
Join The Battery for the new home of the Barracuda, you can put down a $50 deposit on Ticketmaster (CLICK HERE). Submitting your deposit will secure your spot next season at the team’s brand-new 4,200-seat arena which is set to open next Aug. Once you secure a membership, one of our team members will contact you.
Place your deposit by Jan. 17 and receive a complimentary one-day pass to the ’22 NHL Rookie Faceoff which will be held at the Barracuda’s future home. Contact us today at 408-999-5757 to speak to one of our representatives or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.