Stockton, CA – The San Jose Barracuda (11-13-1-0) got 30 saves from Sam Harvey and a pair of goals from Joachim Blichfeld to upend the top team in the Western Conference, the Stockton Heat, 4-0 on Friday afternoon at the Stockton Arena. The victory was the Barracuda’s first in three tries against the Heat.
• After signing a PTO on Dec. 26, Sam Harvey collected his first AHL shutout in his season debut by turning aside 30 Heat shots. For the 23-year-old, it marked the third win of his AHL career.
• The shutout victory was the Barracuda’s first since Jan. 8, 2020, vs. Ontario (9-0 W), the fourth all-time shutout win against the Heat (first since Jan. 14, 2017, at Stockton, 2-0 W), and the 30th in franchise history.
• Joachim Blichfeld (9, 10) notched a pair of goals after sitting out the last three with an upper-body injury. For the third-year pro, it was his 10th career multi-goal effort.
• Evan Weinger (5) potted a shorthanded goal in his 150th career AHL game, his second shorty of the year, and the team’s AHL-best sixth of the season.
• Nick Merkley (6) collected a goal (GWG) and an assist.
• For the Heat, Friday marked the second time this year and first since opening night (Oct. 15: 1-0 L vs. TUC) in which the team was shut out and its first home regulation loss.
• The Barracuda finished the game 4-for-4 on the penalty kill, snapping a 12-game stretch in which they allowed a goal on the PK.
The Barracuda return to action on Sun. Jan. 2 at 1:00 p.m. against the the Heat at the SAP Center. For tickets, visit sjbarracuda.com/tickets.
Join The Battery for the new home of the Barracuda, you can put down a $50 deposit on Ticketmaster (CLICK HERE). Submitting your deposit will secure your spot next season at the team’s brand-new 4,200-seat arena which is set to open next Aug. Once you secure a membership, one of our team members will contact you.
Place your deposit by Jan. 17 and receive a complimentary one-day pass to the ’22 NHL Rookie Faceoff which will be held at the Barracuda’s future home. Contact us today at 408-999-5757 to speak to one of our representatives or email us at email@example.com.